Sunday 8 February 2009

first really long long run

today i decided to put some serious miles into my legs. even though i did the yasso 800m workout on friday i felt really good and so wanted to do my long run as normal today. i have found a loop of about 16-17km around nagoya that doesn't involve too many traffic lights. or if i get stuck at a light i can usually find another place to cross. so it means that i can keep running without too many stops.

as with the last long run, i decided not to take on any fuel, but as i was planing to run a little longer i wanted to give myself plenty of time to get some water. i decided to do two laps and so i left a litre of water in my bike basket near my apartment for halfway. here is the data from the run:

time: 2hours 35minutes 38seconds
distance: 33.75 km (21 miles)
pace: 7mins 26s /mile

this run felt really good. i have a small blister on my right foot, but nothing painful, and my legs began to feel quite heavy by the end. however, this is easily the furthest i have run since starting up again in japan and i felt like i could run a marathon! well, not straight away but you know what i mean! i don't feel like i needed any fuel to complete the run, but as soon as i stopped and was in the shower i felt pretty low on sugar and was glad to be drinking my pocari sweat!

lessons learned from this run were that i need to get some vaseline (for the places that rub...) and i also want to get some new shoes (as i am now over 500 miles in my current ones).

No comments:

Post a Comment