Thursday 30 April 2009

april training summary

at the start of this month i took about 10 days off from running after the marathon. this was mostly to give my body a chance to recover fully and also due to moving house. however, i have managed to get in a lot of running since coming up to sapporo and am really enjoying it.

i have also been running a lot with rie. when we run together it is usually at a pace which is perfect for my legs to recover. this means that when i have run by myself i can push myself really hard sometimes. we will see if this training tactic pays off come race day! personally i feel really good though, because when i run by myself i find it very hard to run at a nice recovery pace.

distance: 135.8miles (218.6km)
time: 17hours 04minutes 20seconds
runs: 9 easy, 2 long, 4 tempo

also, this month my suunto heart rate monitor strap broke. i just bought a new one from amazon though so no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment